Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Instead of blindly diving into this final project of under acknowledged areas in children's literature,  I need to do a little bit of research.  I wanted to find out what books and resources were out there and who was writing them.  Being mixed myself, I sometimes feel like I don't have a real personal history or past.  You never read a whole lot about mixed race people in history books or social studies classes, so sometimes my views about history are apathetic at best.  However, upon doing a little bit of internet research, I was able to find several great resources for people interested in mixed race literature.  Cynthia Leitich Smith has a wonderful website that has a plethora of resources available to people looking for such information as books about commonly faced situations for mixed race people, lists of children's books on the topic, and mission statements and a bill of rights for mixed people.  That site can be reached through cynthialeitichsmith.com  I think that i will use this site to select books for my project and also some of my own research.  If you have any other websites out there that you think I might benefit from, you know where to find me.  peace.

No comments: