Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The First Post

Mic check, one two, one two?  This thing on?  There it is.  Daniel Wright speaking and thank you to everyone reading.  This isn't the first blog I've made for a class at Michigan State University, but it is definitely the one in which I have been granted the most freedom.  I encourage all of you reading this first post to, even if you aren't blown away initially, check me out at least a couple more times.  Although these posts will be for the most part inspired by classroom assignments and readings, I will do my best to incorporate my own opinions and extra information so as to keep you on your toes.  
Twenty-one years old, born and raised around Flint, Michigan, and I'm learning about diverse literature.  My mother is a genius, extremely empathetic, and caucasian.  My father is a creator, dedicated, and African American.  What does that make me?  Just that, it makes me 'me.'  I have some good ideas about diverse children's literature, and also a lot of gray space.  As I continue to keep up this blog, and as you continue to read it, I hope that the growth is obvious.  Feel free to let me know what you think and comment without hesitation.  Peace.

No comments: